After everyone has gone home and the aquarium has closed its doors for the night, we invite you to join us for an exciting night of exploration. Discover the Portland Aquarium after hours and sleep beside one of our exhibits. The aquarium offers sleepovers for families, youth groups and adults. Dates below are for the public and are not exclusive to your party. At the below dates, other guests will be included in the sleepover. For private sleepover groups, please fill out the request form at the bottom of this page. You may select your own preferred date and no other guests will be allowed to attend; private groups may reserve the entire aquarium exclusively for their group. School groups may contact us for pricing.
All guests will receive:
- nocturnal animals tour including night-time shark and octopus viewing
- morning bird feeding
- behind-the-scenes tour
- theater style movie (bring your treats and popcorn)
- sweet dreams followed by a continental tank-side breakfast
Open Public Sleepovers
Groups that do not have the 12 person minimum can stay on the below nights along with other registered guests, paying the per person price rather than the group price. If you do not have a 12 person group you may pay a per person fee of $59.95 for non annual pass holders or $49.95 for season pass holders and stay with others on one of the following nights:
Public Sleepover Dates for Families
- Father’s Day, June 15th
- July 20, 2013
- August 17, 2013 – Shark Week!
- September 14, 2013
- October 12, 2013
- November 16, 2013
- December 20th and 21st, 2013
Boy Scout Sleepover Dates (Scout groups receive member pricing of $49.95/person)
- Saturday, August 3, 2013
- Friday, October 11, 2013
- Friday, December 6, 2013
- Friday, June 7, 2013
- Friday, August 2, 2013
- Saturday, October 12, 2013
- Saturday, December 7, 2013
Preparing for your experience:
- Sleepovers start at 8:00 p.m. and end at 8:00 a.m. the next morning.
- Adult chaperons must accompany children under 18.
- There is a 12 person (or $750.00) minimum for private sleepover events; maximum 50 people. There is no minimum for Public Dates.
- $59.95 per person, $49.95 for Season Pass Holders
What to Bring
- Sleeping bag and pillow. Air mattresses or cots are welcome.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and other toiletries as needed.
- Change of clothes and night clothes if desired.
Public sleepover events may be cancelled with two weeks notice if minimum enrollment is inadequate. In event of cancellation, full refunds will be given. Member sleepover prices are reserved for the member and his or her family. This rate does not apply to an entire group booked by a member. Minimum age for sleepover is 5 unless written exception is given in advance from Portland Aquarium.
When reserving a private Sleep With The Sharks event, please book at least two weeks in advance.
These memorable and exhilarating events fill up fast!
To request a reservation, please fill out the form below
For questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (503)303-4721