Summer Camp at the Portland Aquarium
We have a custom-tailored educational program for every age:
Sea Horses (4-6yrs)
Your children’s experience is completely hands on. We will discuss life cycles of many animals including sharks and seahorses. We will show them the babies up close and behind the scenes. The class ends with the children growing their own brine shrimp and taking them home.
This interactive summer class will keep your children fascinated for 3 days, two hours each day.
- 3 day /two hour classes, cost non-members $80.00, members $59.00.
Sting Rays (7-11yrs)
Wonder about the ocean, get all your questions answered…How strong is and octopus? How many hearts does a cuttlefish have? How are seahorses born? What makes a chameleon change colors? Find out as we learn about different ocean animals and their amazing abilities. This hands on experience is sure to impress your young ones.
- 5 days /two hour classes, Cost non-members $110.00, members $89.00
Sharks (12-14 yrs)
Where learning is indeed playing! Kids go behind the scenes with the marine biologist. Microscopes and microscopic ocean life like you’ve never seen before. Complete learning experience from algae to sharks as your children experience the ocean like never before in this hands on class.
- 5 days / two hour classes, cost non-members $120.00, members $99.00
Aquarius in Training (15-17)
This class will find out what goes on behind the scenes of an aquarium. How the water is filtered and how they are kept safe even out of the ocean. Learn all about what we have in our facility and help take care of the animals themselves. You can even stay the night to work with the nocturnal animals on the last day!! (This experience is truly for the marine biologist in the making)
- 5 days / three hour classes, cost non-members $250.00, members $199.00
- Sleep over’s accompanied by trained staff member adults. There will be separated boy and girl sleeping arrangements, along with a night of fun and full of games and a movie.
All Camp Dates
- June 6-8, 11-13, 19-21, 27-29
- June 4-8, 11-15, 18-22, 25-29
- July 9-11, 17-19, 25-27,30- Aug .1
- July 9-13, 16-20, 23-27, 30- Aug.1
- August 7-8, 15-17, 20-22
- August 6-10, 13-17, 20-24
Available Camp Times
- 11am to 1pm
- 1pm to 4pm
- 2pm to 4pm
(new curriculum each month)