Behind the Scenes at the Portland Aquarium!
- Witness and learn about the complicated and expensive technology required to keep the animals alive and happy in their exhibits.
- Learn about the Aquarium’s biological filtration system that keeps everything clean.
- See the exhibits from an Aquarist’s point of view!
- Learn about how ocean water gets to The Portland Aquarium and what gets done to the water once it’s here.
- Enjoy a Q&A session with one of our knowledgeable aquarists.
Cost is $6 per person, $5 for season pass holders.
Add on experiences available:
Close octopus encounter: $29.95 per person for non members, $19.95 for members. This unique experience must be pre-scheduled and is available once a day at 5:00pm.
Please click the button below to schedule your octopus encounter reservation. Please note that a credit card will be required to hold the booking.
Behind the Scenes Tours are daily at 1pm and 4pm and require an appointment. Please call or email us at email@example.com to schedule a tour.
Smart phones only have one use on this tour – video and camera so your friends will believe your story! More Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-303-4721.